Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ravelry meet up, Yarn fun, and Retirement......

Last Sunday was the brunch for Ravelry members and "want to be's" which was held at Eva's Yarn Shop in Fairhaven, MA. It was great to see some familiar people and meet new ones as well. Much chatting, eating, shopping, and knitting was going on. This is a very nice shop with a diversified choice of yarns. There's a nice sitting area in the front near the door, as well as a table with chairs for relaxing, knitting, and visiting. The owner, Eva, is very helpful and friendly. The other ladies who work there also were nice and polite. There's a coffee pot which makes individual cups, so you can choose to partake of a coffee, tea, or chocolate of your choice. I was good and only bought one skein of J.Knits yarn in the color "Tampa" to make socks with eventually.

I've also been busy buying yarns from someone on Ravelry. This person, has decided to downsize her stash and the end result is some great buys for everyone else. For the first order, I picked up some Misty Mountain Jubilee in "Mossy Hollow", Apple Lane in "English Garden", and, Claudia in "Walk in the Woods". The second order was for a skein of Cherry Tree Merino in "Monet", Cherry Tree Potluck in "Water" and "Paradise", and Gypsy Girl Creations in "Watermelon" and "Crocus Way". This was two orders because she is constantly updating her de-stash. With all this great stuff she's getting rid of, I wonder what she's keeping.

My gift package arrived so now I can put the rest of it together. I hope my friend likes it as much I do.....

On Friday I couldn't take the cast anymore and had to go back to the doctor's. He wasn't there, but the person who puts casts on, Jose, was. He explained my problem was because I'm claustrophobic, I was having issues with the cast. He took me out of it to check my hand. After I saw how easy it was to remove, I felt better. Of course, since the doctor was not there, he had to put a new one back on me. After, I had an appointment to come back yesterday, Tuesday. As soon as my doc was told about my issues, he took me out of the cast, did a new X-ray, and put me in a brace instead. He told me I should have told him I was claustrophobic, but who knew a cast would cause so much anxiety???

So now I have a nice new brace, and another appointment on December 20. Hopefully I will be healed soon and can get back to knitting and spinning. Not to mention typing with two hands better than I have been lately.

As far as retirement, I've noticed my blood pressure is better as well as my blood sugar levels. Being home has no stress, obviously. Even with the wrist problem, I love being home now......

No comments: