Election Day and Simplify Things
It's Election Day so please remember to go vote. I plan to later this afternoon.
The Painted Sheep has an ongoing Ten On Tuesday post that usually is a list of ten items pertaining to a particular topic. Today's was Simplify Things. I'm going to borrow the topic and put my thoughts here.
1. Plan and cook meals ahead so you have more than a day's worth at a time. It's much simpler to toss a dish in the microwave for a few minutes. The extra prep/cooking time can be spent doing other stuff.
2. Clean the house as you go. It will be much easier and quicker for the "big cleaning" on that one day you decide to do it.
3. If you have your own washer/dryer do a batch as soon as you have enough. It will be less of a chore than waiting to do it all in one day. If you go to the laundrymat, bring something along to keep you busy while sitting there.
4. Work down the fiber/yarn stash or your craft/hobby stashes. It's much easier to pick the next item if there is less to go through to choose it. (I'm seriously working on this one.)
5. Only buy what you need. Save "want" shopping as a treat, reward, or present to yourself.
6. Spend time with friends just hanging out. You don't need an event, party, or expensive night out to enjoy each other's company.
7. Remove the "fluff" friends. You know the ones I mean.
8. If you haven't worn or used it in 2 years, toss it. (I'm working on this one too.)
9. Take time to breathe, reflect on the good things, and enjoy what Mother Nature has given us. Let go of the stuff you can't control or change. This helps center me.
10. Enjoy life. We only get this one chance so make it a happy one without carrying around "baggage" from the past.