Thursday, November 11, 2010

More Fiber Goodies, Slow Project Progress, and Needleless Cabling

Crafting has been slow this week.  I haven't had a lot of incentive to work on stuff.  Maybe the new meds are to blame or the time change. 

An opportunity was presented by CorgiHillFarm for members of her Ravelry group to get some of her dyed Cashmere/Silk blend at a special price.  I ended up with 4 ounces of a lovely Lilac color.  This is part of my "arm-chair festival shopping" last week.  It arrived earlier this week and is super soft.

I'm still working on my first beaded scarf.  I had plans to have it finished this past weekend, but, was sidetracked with non-fibery stuff.  I think I will have the second half done by tomorrow night or Saturday at the latest. Then it just needs to be grafted together.

Tonight is my knitting guild meeting which includes a lesson on how to knit cables without a needle.  This is perfect timing for me since I'm finally re-starting my TTL Mystery Socks again.  I tried doing this after watching YouTube videos, but, messed up.  Seeing someone do it in person will help.

The wheels are still busy with the same fibers.  Sunday will see more progress on the Fibers4Ewe fiber since I will be taking that to Happy Hands.  The Crown Mountain Fibers  Corrie fiber in "Stonehenge" has had some progress on the MInstrel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The person who was suppose to teach the cabling lesson wasn't able to attend tonight.  We ended up with a knitted item fashion show instead.  We had a lot of fun and laughter.

No comments: