Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year!!  Van Dyke Socks Finished, Spinning Plans

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve.  We had a quiet evening at home.  It's ironic that it's always the one night of the year I have trouble staying awake until midnight.  I thought I was going to call it quits at 10, but, I got another wind and stayed up until a little after 1 a.m.

I'm not making any resolutions.  I will endeavor to work on my health issues, and try using yarns and fibers from the stashes to shrink them a bit.  Other than that, nothing else comes to mind.  Do you have any resolutions/intentions for 2011?

I did finish the Van Dyke socks today.  I know these were my December socks for the Solid Socks group on Ravelry, but there was no way I could finish them in time.  If I hadn't had to rip back sock 1 to before the gusset to fix the over-long foot, I probably would have made the December 31 deadline.  Oh well.  I still have a pretty pair of red socks to keep my feet warm.  :) 

My knitting is now the Evenstar, and a pair of plain "vanilla" socks to use as travel/group knitting.  I'm in the Year of Stash Socks group and these are for that.  I still need to finish the Spruce scarf that is up to the tree part on the first side.

Spinning finds me plying up 2 half bobbins of an old WIP.  It's from Silver Sun Alpacas. I had spun the rest and then misplaced the first half bobbin.  When I had placed an order, they had sent me a little sample which is the second half bobbin.  I'll take time to ply them tonight.  Here's a couple pictures of a couple of original full bobbins and fiber.

 








Then, I need to spin 4 ounces of Cormo/Bamboo to be plied with my Whorling Tides contest fiber.  That needs to be done for January 10.  After that, I will be working on my 4 ounce selection for Project Stash Buster. I chose some South African Fine from Spunky Eclectic in "Macaw" that's been hanging around in my stash for a couple years.  It's nice and bright.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Happy New Year to you too! I almost crashed around 10 myself but like you, got a second wind till around 1 or so. It was a nice evening home.

No resolutions here - definitely want to spin more. Get the stash down a bit - knit some more socks.

Great spunky colors!