Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fire Number 2.....And Another Laceweight Yarn.........

Today was extremely hot here. The air was actually oppressive when you went outside for anything.

We are still on generator at work, but it appears to be o.k. The day was going well when.....all of a sudden......we hear "Code Red in ***** Building. This is not a drill."

Apparently, one of the patients in the psych building lit his mattress on fire. The entire building had to be evacuated outside. With the intense air conditions, we had to work fast to get water and shelter for the patients. It was a tough day, but, at the end, everyone was returned to the building. The mattress was gone, the building checked thoroughly by the firemen, and no one was hurt or got sick due to the weather conditions..........

I pray nothing happens tomorrow............It's suppose to be even hotter and more humid............

No knitting was done today on the sock. I am just too tired to pick it up and I had no lunch again today. I did stop to see Jonne after work. He has a laceweight yarn I really like, so I need to go back on Friday to pick it up. It's a Shetland wool in a natural color. There is enough on the cone to do two shawls or stoles.

I found a nice laceweight yarn in his shop. I checked the status of my Knitpicks order, and it is being processed. Now I need to see which one I want to use. Sana and Robin gave me directions to the "Beadworks" shop in Providence and I plan to visit it this weekend. Hopefully my Knitpicks order will be here and I can take both yarns with me to match beads to themt. If I find something I like at the store, I won't order the other ones from Sana's catalog.......So many options..............

No comments: