Thursday, July 05, 2007

Mystery Stole 3 Called to Me......

As I click into the Yarn Harlot's site to see what she's up to, I had no idea what was about to happen to me......Yep, she had a "warning" up about the Mystery Stole 3 KAL. Of course, there was no twisting of the arm necessary. I simply click the link, and created my own downfall.

My experience of lace knitting is limited to a few lace socks, hems and cuffs on a couple of sweaters, and a lonely WIP "Elizabeth" alpaca scarf I still need to finish. I may have to finish that before I actually think of any other lace project. I feel better able to handle it now I have had the lace sock experience.

After drooling over the pictures of clue 1, the decision was made. I had to sign up for this thing. I don't even have the yarn or beads yet. I know what I want though. White or cream yarn with clear or iridescent beads. Hopefully, I can order the beads from Sana at work before she puts her next jewelry supply order in.

The Retro Rib sock is giving me issues. I followed the pattern as directed until I had two repeats of the leg done. Holding it as far away from me as I can, the pattern is lost in this yarn. After altering the pattern to be a bit simpler, it looks better. There are just too many colors in this yarn for the pattern to pop out at you. I left the first two repeats as a break from the cuff to the leg, then knit rows 3 and 4 five times. This still didn't look great to me, so I am just doing the 4th row of the pattern. I do like the ribbing part of the pattern and think it shows up fine. I am about a third of the way down the leg now, and, hope to get to the heel turn before the weekend is out. I do have other commitments this weekend, but, my yarn travels well in it's little bag. DH will drive as usual so I can knit........I will have to make this pattern again in a less variegated or solid yarn which will show it up better........

The animals are o.k. Buddy the cat is not a happy camper because we had to shave him down due to multiple knots. He looks cute with his new do. Not too happy though right now. Pooh is still doing puppy things, like chewing on stuff he is not suppose to and pouncing on Isabella the cat. She gives him a good swat now and then to show him who's boss..........

No comments: